“To us, history is an inspiration to keep doing the best today and in the future.”
Starting from a concern about humanitarian tragedy in 1997 and 1999, a group of youth did a social action to give hope to the country. Following up their action along with the awareness of philanthropy potential in Indonesia and a goal to maximize pre-wealthy people to be independent, PKPU foundation was established on December 10, 1999. Then on October 8, 2001, PKPU was set as the National Alms Institution (LAZNAS) based on the Decree of Religious Affairs Ministry No. 441.
On July 22, 2008, PKPU was registered in the United Nations as an NGO with “Special Consultative Status with the Economic Social Council”. On January 29, 2010, PKPU was officially registered as the National Social Organization based on the Ministerial Decree No. 08/Huk/2010 and on October 8, 2010 PKPU was registered in the European Union with the registration number EuropeAid ID No. 2010-CSD-1203198618. After doing spin off early 2016, PKPU is focused on managing humanitarian fund and in the end of 2016 it changed name into PKPU Human Initiative.
"Giving Solution Showing Care"
To realize the vision and mission of the institution, we are focused on four sectors:
- To realize people’s independence in the field of economy, we do several empowerment programs in the levels of individuals, family and environment.
- Besides showing concern, we also find solutions for people’s health including for mothers and children.
- The nation’s future lies in the quality of its generation. Therefore, we contribute to increase the knowledge of children, particularly orphans and the unfortunate.
- Disaster is unpredictable, but we keep trying to reduce its impact by doing people’s potential and capacity empowerment on disaster and emergency.
To Become a Trustworthy World-Class Organization in Establishing Self Reliance.
- To empower the program of emergency response, recovery, and empowerment in improving quality of life (qos) and establishing self reliance.
- To entwine partnership with corporations, government, media, academic institutions, and other Civil Society Organizations (CSO) on the foundation of harmony of the values upheld.
- To conduct studies, research, development, and capacity building that are relevant to developing the effectiveness of the role of Civil Society Organization.
- To participate actively in encouraging the establishment of various cooperative forums and other profound socio-humanitarian programs at the national, regional, and international level.
Jl. Raya Condet No. 27-G Batu Ampar Jakarta Timur 13520.
Phone: (021) 87780015
Fax: (021) 87780013
PIN BB: 548FBE3F
SMS Center: 081511997578
PKPU Human Initiative Bengkulu
Jalan Merapi Raya No. 92, Kel. Panorama
Kec. Singaran Pati, Bengkulu 38226
Telp. (0736) 26425
PKPU Human Initiative Sulawesi Selatan
Jalan Tamalate 1 No. 3, Kel. Bonto Makkio
Kec. Rappocini, Makassar 90222
Telp. (0411) 886033
PKPU Human Initiative Riau
Jalan Paus Ujung No. 1 B, Simpang Ariﬁn Ahmad
Kel. Tangkerang Barat, Kec. Marpoyan Damai
Telp. (0761) 8416191
PKPU Human Initiative Kalimantan Timur
Jalan Soekarno Hatta KM 2 No.12
Kel. Muara Rapak, Kec. Balikpapan Utara, 76125
Telp. (0542) 739500
PKPU Human Initiative Bukittinggi
Jalan Prof. Dr. Hamka No. 24, Gurun Panjang
Telp. (0752) 624414
PKPU Human Initiative JawaTimur
Jalan Ngagel Jaya Utara No.66, Kel. PucangSewu
Kec. Gubeng, Surabaya 60283
Telp. (031) 5023995
PKPU Human Initiative Sumatera Barat
Jalan By Pass No. 16 B, Kel. Pasar Ambacang
Kec. Kuranji, Padang 25152
Telp. (0751) 779260
PKPU Human Initiative Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
Jalan Prof. Dr. Sardjito No.4, Jetis Pasiraman
Kel. Cokrodiningrat, Kec. Jetis, Yogyakarta 55233
Telp. (0274) 555041
PKPU Human Initiative Sumatera Utara
Jalan Setia Budi No. 272 B, Kel. Tanjung Sari
Kec. Medan Selayang, Medan 20132
Telp. (061) 8229273
PKPU Human Initiative Jawa Tengah
Jalan Setiabudi No. 70, Semarang 50269
Telp. (024) 7477405
PKPU Human Initiative Aceh
Jalan Banda Aceh-Medan, Lr. Reformasi, Desa Santan
Kec. Ingin Jaya, Aceh Besar 23371
Telp. (0651) 7315716
PKPU Human Initiative Maluku
Jalan Kebun Cengkeh Komp. BTN Manusela
Blok B/5-6, Lt. 2, Desa Batu Merah
Kec. Sirimau, Ambon 97128
Telp. (0911) 3827345
PKPU Human Initiative Jawa Barat
Jalan Cikutra No.138, Bandung 40124
Telp. (022) 7100035
Amerika, Arab Saudi, Jerman, Australia, Jepang
Malaysia, Singapura, Qatar, Taiwan, Turki, dan Uni Emirat Arab.
PKPU Human Initiative Korea Selatan
Busan Indonesia Center 3rd Floor 1900 Geumgok-dong
Telp. +8210 4996 9061
Since 2008, PKPU Human Initiative has been registered in the United Nations as an NGO with “Special Consultative Status with the Economic Social Council”.
“Breaking through without waiting”.
Nevertheless, it is admitted that this mission is quite specific compared to other humanitarian missions that PKPU has handled like flood handling in Pakistan, crisis in Rohingya, Palestina, earthquake in Japan and many more.